- Small Business Focus: Arlington's Collaborative Approach to Alcohol
Posted on 04/24/19 by Tara Palacios
- The Arlington Restaurant Initiative (ARI) was developed as a voluntary accreditation program to increase the overall safety of customers, businesses and neighborhood residents in areas with nightlife and entertainment.
- Arlington and Alexandria Win Joint State Economic Development Award
Posted on 04/09/19 by Alex Taylor
- On March 29, Arlington Economic Development took home a Community Economic Development Award (CEDA) at the 2019 Virginia Economic Development Association Spring Conference. The award was jointly given to AED and Alexandria Economic Development Partnership (AEDP) for the coordination of Amazon HQ2 recruitment.
- Is Your Business Stuck?
Posted on 04/09/19 by Tara Palacios
- Is your business stuck and not growing year-to-year? Are you looking for new tools to take your business to the next level? At BizLaunch, we have discovered a secret way to grow your business....
- Five Tips for Getting an Angel Investment in Your Startup
Posted on 03/25/19 by Sarah Van Velsor
- Has your early-stage, high-growth startup ever considered raising capital and wanted to know more about Angel investors and what they look for?
- Lidl Opens First Store in Arlington
Posted on 03/25/19 by Guest Author
- On Monday, March 25, German discount grocery company Lidl opened store 67 – and its first store in Arlington. Lidl Express, a new, smaller concept store for Lidl, is 1,000 square feet and located on the ground floor of its U.S. headquarters.
- Amazon HQ2 Deal Approved by County Board
Posted on 03/18/19 by Cara O'Donnell
- Amazon has won additional approvals for its new headquarters in Arlington. The Arlington County Board unanimously approved the County’s proposed direct financial incentive to Amazon, an annual pay-for-performance grant valued at approximately $23 million.
- Small Business Focus: Getting Noticed. The Star Power of Your Business
Posted on 03/12/19 by Tara Palacios
- Each day thousands of internet activities take place in under a minute. So how does your business stand apart from others? This blog has tips on how to get noticed.
- Arlington's Economy Diversifies
Posted on 03/01/19 by Alex Taylor
- Arlington has made quite a bit of economic news recently, and we don’t just mean the obvious announcement of Amazon’s HQ2 and the associated $2.5 billion investment, 4.1 million SF of office space, and 25,000 high-paying jobs that will finally trigger the revitalization that has been envisioned for the Crystal City, Pentagon City and Potomac Yards neighborhoods.
- Talent, Tech and Feeling Welcome: Why Amazon Chose Arlington for HQ2
Posted on 02/28/19 by Cara O'Donnell
- “Amazon HQ2-apalooza,” a sold-out event from Bisnow, brought together real estate developers, economic developers, educators and more to tell the story of Arlington’s path to landing Amazon HQ2.