Are you a good teaming partner? Interested in finding out what qualifications can set you apart, and set you up for success as a subcontractor, teaming partner, and prime?
Our panel of industry experts will discuss the best practices in legal, business development, and human resources processes that small business need to pay attention to if they are serious about earning their place on major teaming efforts. We will tackle a variety of questions that are front of mind for government contractors of all sizes, and are a crucial differentiator for small business.
- What can you do for me? - Large Prime and Government Agency perspective: How do you stand out from the crowd? What do primes and agencies look for in new potential small business vendors? We’ll ask some tough questions and expect some frank answers about what makes for successful (or terrible) subcontracting / teaming relationships. *Customer Panel*
- Know your value: What does the right opportunity look like? How do you conduct market research to identify, funnel, and zoom in on the right agencies and projects to pursue? Considerations such as pricing and contract types, competitive landscape, internal capabilities, and customer intimacy play a role far in advance of RFP release. Presented by Amy Hernandez (Strategic FAR Advisors), Jinnae Monroe (Professionals by Design), Anna Urman (Virginia PTAP)
- You Have the Right to An Attorney: Are you aware of the rules governing procurements you're bidding on? Do you know what the FAR clauses mean, even as you sign off on them? Can you recognize a bad subcontract? (you should!). Can you take advantage of subcontracting and mentor-protege program?
- Human Resources Rules of Engagement: Are you prepared to lead the contract, select a subcontractor and have the teaming discussion? During this session we will discuss HR business conduct (ie policies and procedures); updating and maintaining an employee manual to include teaming processes for onboarding, training, and clearances; pursuing and identifying the best teaming partner based on your company's culture - and the culture of your teaming partner - most importantly, are the cultures compatible? Presented by Jinnae Monroe (Professionals by Design)
- Pricing to Win – Win – Win: Do you know what your costs are? What is your highest-margin offering? Can you 'unWRAP the rates' and find ways to trim the fat to enable the most price competitive proposal? Can you effectively take manage your proposal, pricing, and deliverables to account for the various contract and pricing types to avoid bidding yourself out of business? Do you know when to outsource, what work to bring in-house for the most efficient operation? Presented by Amy Hernandez (Strategic FAR Advisors)