Arlington County is taking a proactive community approach to reducing alcohol-related harm and increasing safety through the Arlington Restaurant Initiative (ARI). ARI is voluntary accreditation program designed provide effective standards to establishments that serve alcohol, streamline processes within the County Government and develop working relationships vital to public safety.
Patrons, restaurant staff, and those interested in maintaining Arlington County as a safe destination for entertainment are encouraged to attend a community conversation on nightlife safety. The event will feature panelists from various Arlington County departments speaking about how they collaborated to build trusting relationships with restaurant staff and improve safety.
- Arlington County Police Department, Restaurant Liaison Unit
- Arlington County Fire Department, Fire Marshal's Office
- Arlington County Department Human Services, Public Health
- Arlington County Community Planning and Housing Development, Zoning
- Arlington County Economic Development, BizLaunch
- Freddie Lutz, Freddie's Beach Bar and Grill and Frederico Ristorante Italiano
- Jon Williams, Whitlow's on Wilson
- Chris Lefbom, Ragtime, Rhodeside Bar and Grill, and William Jeffery's Tavern