A total of nine Arlington real estate projects were honored earlier this month in the annual Best of NAIOP Northern Virginia Awards. This year's event, themed "Focus on Excellence." highlighted significant new and renovated contributions to Northern Virginia by the commercial, industrial and mixed-use real estate community.
Among the Arlington winners:
- Capital Improvements - Non-Institutional Award of Merit for Water Park Towers, submitted by Spectrum Inc. General Contracting and located in Crystal City.
- Hospitality/Retail Award of Merit for Homewood Suites by Hilton, Arlington-Rosslyn-Key Bridge, submitted by B. F. Saul Company and located in Rosslyn. NAIOP Members on the team include: Donohoe Construction Company.
- Mixed-Use Project – Single Building Award of Merit for Latitude, submitted by Davis, Carter, Scott Ltd and located in Virginia Square area of Arlington. NAIOP Members on the team include: CBG Building Company, VIKA, Wells & Associates, GeoConcepts and Walsh Colucci Lubeley & Walsh PC.
- Mixed-Use Project – Multi-Building Award of Excellence for Central Place, submitted by JBG SMITH and located in Rosslyn. NAIOP Members on the team include: Clark Construction Group.
- Speculative Office Building – 7-14 Stories Award of Excellence for 2311 Wilson, submitted by Carr Properties and located in the Court House area of Arlington. NAIOP Members on the team include: Clark Construction Group and Cushman & Wakefield.
- Tenant Space 10,000 to 25,000 sf Award of Merit for Accenture Cyber Fusion Center, submitted by FORM Architects and located in Rosslyn. NAIOP Members on the team include: James G. Davis Construction Corporation, CBRE and Dewberry.
- Award of Excellence for Bell Advanced Vertical Lift Center, submitted by HKS and located in Crystal City. NAIOP Members on the team include: JBG SMITH, rand* construction corporation, JLL and GHT.
- Tenant Space over 50,000 sf Award of Excellence for Applied Predictive Technologies, submitted by rand* construction corporation and located in Ballston. NAIOP Members on the team include: Interior Architects and Piedmont Realty.
- Real Estate Transaction Lease under 175,000 sf Award of Excellence for Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Crystal City, submitted by JBG SMITH and located in Crystal City.
NAIOP's Northern Virginia chapter is the leading organizations for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial and mixed-use real estate in Northern Virginia. The organization advances responsible commercial real estate development.